Does anyone else look forward to attending parties for the food, or am I the only one? Pass the chex please. This is such a simple recipe that you can make with any of your favorite seasonings. While the family loves chex mix, they only show up to our place for this garlic Parmesan chex mix nowadays!
It's like biting into an Italian meal without the calories.
- 6 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes or fresh
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan finely grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Romano finely grated
- 3/4 cup Whole Grain Gold Fish
- 1/2 cup Peanuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup Cashews or nuts of your choice
- 2 cups Pretzel Sticks Rold Gold
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
Preheat oven to 350.
Pour all dry Chex mix ingredients into a large bowl.
Melt the butter and mix with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, parsley, basil, and fresh garlic.
Pour the wet mixture over the chex mixture and gently stir until evenly coated.
Pour in the fresh Parmesan until coated.
Spread mixture evenly over 2 baking pans and bake for 15 minutes (stir at 7 minutes).
Remove and let cool.