Not a huge fan of tomatoes. Huge fan of Bruschetta. Some things just don’t make sense now, do they?
Despite what my heartburn says, I could eat Bruschetta all day every day. The taste of tomatoes soaked in olive oil and red wine vinegar is just too good to pass up. Perfect for a party appetizer or a family appetizer before dinner.
Crunchy & Soft
- 1 16 oz Whole Grain Baguette
- 5 Vine Tomatos finely diced and drained
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil finely chopped
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic minced and divided
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup Olive Oil for the bread
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar or regular vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar for serving
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parmesan thinly shredded or grated
Cut the bread into ovals.
Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Brush each piece of bread with the olive oil mixture and broil in the oven until crispy.
Finely dice the tomatoes and carefully drain. Place in a mixing bowl.
Add the olive oil, garlic, basil, and red wine vinegar.
Mix and let sit at room temp for about 1 hour.
Top the toasted bread with a spoonful of bruschetta mixture.
Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over the bruschetta salad and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese.